9.11.2011

Deschutes Brewery Jubelale 2011 Release

Deschutes Brewery Jubelale
2011 Release
Winter Warmer
IBU's: 60
Alcohol: 6.7%

As October approaches, the Winter Seasonal beers are going to be hitting the shelves which means lots and lots of delicious darker, spicier brews.  My oh my, I'm a happy guy.

Every year, the good people at Deschutes Brewery release their fantastic Winter Warmer, Jubelale.  I have to say, this year's label art is my favorite from all of their yearly Jubelale releases.  It really just feels more wintery and almost vintage.  Very cool.  

So, Jubelale pours a deep, dark copper color with a respectable head.  It smells wonderfully sweet and malty, with a spicy, depth of hops.  You take a sip and get a glorious combination of sweet, toasted, caramel-y malts, a bit of dark fruit (figs? raisins?), and an ending of spicy, almost nutmeg and cinnamon-like spices and strong piney hops.  It is a great combination of perfectly strong flavors and maintains its place as one of my favorite winter warmers.  I could drink this stuff year-round.  Look for this 2011 release in stores this October!
 
Drink This: if you want an incredible, delicious version of a Winter Ale from Deschutes Brewery.  
Don't Drink This: if you don't like wonderful beer.  But seriously, go find this stuff.  It's awesome.  I always forget just how great this beer is until it hits stores each year.  Get out your sweaters and scarves so you can stock up, people!  CHEERS!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Affiliates

.